Franside Standard Terms and Conditions and Data Privacy
Please read these terms carefully. You can print/keep a copy of them for future reference.
2 About us
Franside Ltd., is a limited company registered in England:
- Company No: 02295474
- Registered address: 22 Broomsleigh Street, London NW6 1QH, UK
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The http://www.franside.com website is owned and operated by Franside Ltd.
3 Products and services
The Franside memorial/marketing system consists of hardware, software and subscription products, that work together to enable finders to contact owner and their contacts. The following description refers to current products; other products that may be available in the future are not covered, but will be in the general of the current products.
The products and services provided by Franside consist of:
- hardware products: Memorial tags. These are metal tags with an all-weather adhesive in the back, to be attached to interior or exterior surfaces. The front of the tag has an unique QR code engraved on it, with the address that links it to a Franside web site.
- subscription service for linking the Memorial tags to an internal (on Franside web sites) or to an external page or web site. This is provided a period of 36 months (3 years), included with the purchase of any Memorial tag, from the purchase date. This subscription allows the owner to maintain and update the contents to which the Memorial tag address links to, and also keeps the link between them alive.
- further subscription service. After the initial period described above, it is possible to purchase an additional period, which will guarantee the continuation of the service. To renew your subscription after your standard subscription period has expired you must log onto the website and select the Renew Subscription option. The renewal fee will be clearly stated in the web site, and may change from time to time.
3.1 Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us you are making an offer to buy goods. In the event of a particular product being unavailable no payment will be taken from your selected method of payment. If it was taken and subsequently the product becomes unavailable, a full refund will be given.
On acceptance of your order, and on condition that the products are available, we will send you an e-mail to confirm your order and take payment.
3.2 Software and hardware warranties
The web site software has been installed and tested and has been found to be working well and free of any malware/viruses/unwanted software. Nevertheless, bugs and hacking in the software may be found at a later dated. You should be careful when using the site, as we do not guarantee that in the future it will not be exposed to issues of hacking and other internet related criminal activity.
Franside will replace any hardware item within 12 months of purchase, except when the usage of the item is deemed to be unusual. This option is limited to one replacement unit.
4.1 Ordering from the web site
- enter Your Details at the top of the form. These will be used for shipping your order.
- in every transaction carried out with us you will be asked to indicate that you have read and accept our Standard Terms and Conditions and Data Privacy document by ticking the relevant check-box when entering the Customer details.
- select which products you wish to buy, and press the Continue button.
- you will be shown a summary of your purchase in the Order and payment invoice page. You can print this for your records.
- select the payment method, PayPal or credit card, and pay for your order
- upon receipt of your order and the payment confirmation from PayPal, we will ship your order within 1 working day.
The price for each item ordered is calculated during the summary of the order, and it is clearly indicated. This includes postage and packing.
If for some reason your order does not arrive to you after a reasonable time, we will supply new QR tags and cancel the ID's of the items that have been lost, making these items unusable in the Franside QR system. We will charge you additional postage and packing expenses when supplying you with such products.
4.3 Cancellations and returns
You can cancel your contract with Franside at any time up to 7 working days AFTER receipt of the products. You do not have to give any reason for cancellation but a brief explanation will enable us to improve the products and service we offer to customers.
In the event of cancellation you must return the goods to us at your own expense, IN AS NEW CONDITION. On receipt of the items we will refund the price of the items in full (but will not refund the postage paid to return the item).
Failure to return the goods will result in no refund being made.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights, for example, if the items are faulty or damaged. In this case, please give us as much details as possible so that we can remedy the problem.
5 Data protection
By using the Franside service and products you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this document.
Only Franside has access to your information, and is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. We own the data that we collect on the Website and our contact address is given in the About us section of this document.
We will do our best to protect your on-line privacy and the data that you supply to our web site. This applies both to your personal data, and to information that you supply for the internal page feature of the product.
5.2 Location of data
Information collected by the web site is stored within the following places:
- the United Kingdom, in London - backups of the web site data
- the servers provider by our ISP in the USA
5.3 Use of your data
The data you provide is used for the following purposes:
- administration of your account with Franside, including anonymous statistical analysis.
- provide you with access to the website and its services, and to tell you about important changes and developments to the Franside QR service.
- you are responsible for the data provided to us, such as that to be used on the internal web page. This data will be visible (available for viewing only) to any person who scans your hardware Franside QR tag.
We will not give, pass or sell to any third parties any part of the information that you submit to this web site and which could be used to identify you or your business, except in compliance with an official request from a law enforcement agency.
5.4 Data security
It is your responsibility to keep your user name and password safe, if you have received from us such items of information.
If you become aware or suspect that your password or username has/have been accidentally disclosed, or of unauthorized use of your account, you must report this to us immediately. After we verify your report, we will then take steps to disable your account as quickly as possible, and will issue you with a new set of username and password to use your account.
We can refuse to provide the service to any person where that person does not provide sufficient evidence (in our opinion) that they are authorised by you to use your account. But, when we do provide service to others, you will be responsible for all charges.
In the event that you report to us that all hardware items received from us have been lost or stolen, we will replace them, and charge you only a nominal fee. We will then cancel the registration or/and activation status of the missing items.
5.5 On-line information
We may collect information about your computer for statistical purposes.
This website has no program or method that obtains personal information from your computer without your consent.
6 Termination of service
Franside reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, suspend, or discontinue at any time, with or without notice, the Services and Products (or any part thereof), including but not limited to the Services and Products' features, functions, look and feel.
6.2 Misuse of the service
If we consider that you are misusing the service, we will terminate your account with us and restore the relative part of the subscription/maintenance payment received from you. We will not need to have your agreement to this, but will inform you of the closure of the account.
6.3 Removal from the web site database
Upon receipt and confirmation of your request, your data in the web site will be safely deleted. Recent backups of the web site will not be changed at the time of your request, but after a full backup cycle they will be completely removed.
Your registration to the service will become invalid, and you should destroy the hardware items received.
7 Updates to Term and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are valid from January 25th, 2021. Previous versions can be viewed in the following link: Terms and conditions - OLD
These Terms and Conditions apply to your order of Franside products and to your use of the Franside web sites. We may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to any future order. You will be directed to the updated Terms and Conditions document whenever you purchase items from, or make changes to your account with Franside.
Last update to this document: [Thu Jan 28 15:47:27 2021]